With so many genres to choose from, you can never go wrong with reading a good thriller. The suspense, the mystery, never fails to keep us on the edge, and before you know it, you cannot keep the book down.
If you haven’t tried reading a thriller, here is a list of the top best thriller books to add to your TBR right now!
1. The Silent Patient, Alex Michaelides: Released in 2019, this psychological thriller did not take much time in becoming everyone’s favorite. The story revolves around Alicia Berenson, a famous painter married to a fashion Photographer. Her life is perfect, until one evening she shot her husband five times, in the face. And then she refuses to speak or tell everyone the reason for her violence. Yes, you read that right. This book will surely grab your attention and will leave you speechless by the time you finish reading it.
2. Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn: Nick and Amy have been married for five years. On the day of their fifth anniversary, Amy disappears. Nick is the primary suspect. The cops start to investigate and find a lot of weird things that link with the disappearance of Amy. So, where is Amy? Dead? lf dead, who is the killer? One of the most famous thriller books, Gone Girl is a gripping and captivating novel you cannot put down. You can also watch the movie adaptation of the same book directed by David Fincher.
3. You, Caroline Kepnes: Well, who hasn’t heard about the famous Netflix adaptation of this book? If you are into creepy and insane books, this has to be on your reading list. This thriller is narrated by a stalker. Yes, that’s right! If you share a lot of your personal life on social media, this book is going to terrify you. This book is twisted, and not for the faint-hearted. Content warning: violence, drugs, stalking.
4. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, Holly Jackson: Five years ago, a schoolgirl was found dead. The cops found the killer and the case was closed. Pippa Fitz-Amobi chooses this as a topic for her final year project and now she is not so sure if the right killer was captured. She uncovers a few secrets and this teen will not stop until she has found out the truth. Another brilliant book on the list, A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder is a debut novel by the Jackson. This is a young adult thriller, which will keep you on the edge for the entire time.
5. Stillhouse Lake, Rachel Caine: A housewife, with a happy marriage with two adorable children, Gina Royal is leading a happy life. Well, until one night. A car accident reveals that her husband is a serial killer. And now, Gina has taken a new name and has found a little peace in her new home at Stillhouse Lake. All she wants now is for her kids to grow up and have a normal life. But then, a body shows up in the lake along with threatening letters. Gina now has only one goal. To protect her children. This is easily one of the best thrillers of all time.
6. The Guest List, Lucy Foley: A handsome television star and a magazine publisher, are all set to marry at an amazing island. Their loved ones arrive and the festivities have begun. With celebrations, there also comes resentments and jealousies. And now someone is dead. This Goodreads choice 2020 winner is a must-read for people who love thrillers.
So, do tell us your favorite thriller book.