You are planning to travel to the beautiful country down under and wondering what you should pack, what is necessary, and what a requirement is while traveling to scenic Australia.
This is why we came up with an Australia packing agenda to assist the preparation process so that you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Clothes: First and foremost, you are going to Australia in summer. It’s extremely hot and you want to hop around on the beach and plan a barbecue and play so it will be keen. Then a hat of some sort that is a simple hat, peak, or bucket hat will surely be helpful, particularly for those people who burn a little easier and then their rest of the trip becomes a little difficult. Pack t-shirts, short skirts, dresses, and shorts. Again depending on the season, you should pack something you feel comfortable in and won’t be sweating and unhappy all day because you are not wearing proper clothes.
- Thongs/flip flops: Thongs in Australia are not the underwear ladies wear so don’t go around walking in public in your thongs. The thongs in Australia are flip flops or sandals so if an Aussie tells you to wear a thing to a beach remember it’s not the G-string type.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen: Sunglasses or As Aussies say Sunnies. They are very important to pack since you are gonna be spending a lot of time outdoors its essential that you pack a good pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes from the strong rays of the sun. You don’t want to be squinting all day against the brightness of the sun. You should pack your sunscreen to Hinder the Appearance of Sunspots and Safeguard and protect the Skin from Sunburn. It reduces the risk of skin cancer and avoids breaking blood vessels.
- Swimwear: Australia is so beautiful and surrounded by a beautiful coastline and several glorious beaches. Of course, going to Australia means you are going to be spending most of your time on beaches so it’s vital you pack. You will find beautiful beaches hidden and tucked away at every end and corner so you should have your bathing suit close by at all times.
- Cold Nights: Summer may be hot in Australia but you may notice that at night depending on where you are traveling to or where you are staying the nights usually get chilly so it will be good to have a lightweight sweater handy.
- Nightlife: Never underestimate the nightlife of Australia. While it may be known for its stunning beaches Aussies do love a great party so pack a few dressier clothes so that you can enter clubs and casinos and enjoy your time there to its full potential.
- Waterproof jackets: The summer season in Australia is also sometimes a wet season in some parts of Australia and people are grateful for that. At the end of a scorching hot day, a cool shower is what you may need to cool off. Pack a rain jacket so that you can wear it in the rain to keep you dry.
If you are going to travel in winter then you may have to tweak your list a bit. But still, thankfully winter in Australia is considerably warmer than in other European countries.
- Clothes: Pack your favorite beanie and thermals to maintain your warmth during hikes and exploring Australia in Winter. Sneakers are a good choice to pack to keep your toes warm. Scarves can be used to dress up your outfit and it gives the added benefit of keeping your neck warm. Jeans are also a must. Try to layer your clothes that way you are not over packing but still have everything you need to survive the trip to Australia.